Here are some common questions and answers. It is definitely a work in progress so if you have additional questions please email summer@SummerAvalon.com or contact for a free 15-minute consultation to ask questions about modalities, tools, etc.
- What is Energy Therapy/Energy Work?
- What kind of training do you have?
- Why do people come to REIKI by the Lake?
- What is Reiki?
- What is Holy Fire Reiki?
- What is Shamballa Multi-Dimensional Healing (MDH)?
- What is the Body Code?
- What is the Emotion Code?
- In the Emotion Code – What is a Heartwall?
- What is a typical session like?
- How long is a typical session?
- What should I wear during a session?
- Do I need to do anything to prepare in advance for my appointment?
- What is a distance session?
- What is a distance session like?
- What is a Healy microcurrent device?
What is Energy Therapy/Energy Work?
Energy Therapy/Energy Work is one of five domains of “complementary and alternative medicine” (CAM) identified by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) in the United States. Reiki, Holy Fire® Reiki, Qigong, Shamballa MDH, Arching Light, Healing Touch, Lightwave, Holistic Healing, EFT, Prana, Theta Healing, Auric Healing, Quantum Touch, Shamanic Healing, Reconnective Healing, and other modalities like these could fall under the universal name of “Energy Therapy.”
The basic premise of energy therapy is to allow a person to access enough energy to start making some changes and clearing some of the energy problems within the body. Energy blocks can be seen as either the result of physical or emotional stress and the cell memory/ cell intelligence hold on to that as a new regular or default mechanism. When a person is given a medication to correct their symptoms there are times when after those medications are finished and they stop taking them, the body will go back to the remembered stress and reproduce the symptoms again. This person can benefit from energy therapy.
Any Energy Therapy modality is not a substitute for traditional medicine and it is best used in conjunction with regular treatments from your doctor. If you have any doubt about what is wrong, please see a doctor first.
What kind of training do you have?
I have had formal training in Usui Reiki and am a Reiki Master. I have upgraded my Reiki to Usui Holy Fire Reiki Master level. I am certified in the Emotion Code. I have training in Quantum Touch, Tolpakan Healing, Shamballa Multi-Dimensional Healing and many more. The longer I do the work the less I believe extra paid certifications are important for the experienced practitioner. Certifications show the person has the basic knowledge of the tool but now that I am experienced I often take the information learned and “tweak” it to best serve my clients.
Why do people book a session at Summer Avalon Healing Arts?
Usually I have several types of people who I see.
- The curious. Someone who likes to have different experiences. Sometimes they are on a spiritual search, possibly looking for answers and a stronger connection.
- Someone who has issues with pain. Although I haven’t been able to help everyone – there are some that Energy Work integrates well with their current treatments and can make huge differences. Generally a person will know very quickly if my modalities can help.
- Someone with a health condition who has become frustrated by traditional medical. Energy Therapy is highly complementary with traditional medicine. You can continue traditional treatments while adding alternative options.
- Someone who is starting their spiritual journey – I love to teach and share!
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a pure form of divine life energy which flows through the entire being that is in the “energy therapy” category. Reiki Practitioners act as facilitators for this energy, which naturally flows to where it is most needed. For this reason, each individual’s experiences of a Reiki Session are different. In general, however, most people find the following on the Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Levels….
- On the Physical Level, Reiki balances and replentishes the life energies of the physical body, aiding the process of healing. Reiki not only deals with the physical illness, however, but also the state of the soul. As every physical illness, or life condition, in some way, relates to a condition within consciousness, as well as the physical body, and reiki session often work to bring about a transformation in both.
- On the Emotional Level, Reiki brings the higher self into connection with the personality, releasing emotional blockages, and bringing peace and harmony. Often deeply held emotional hurts, which color perceptions of reality are released during or after a Reiki Session, bringing the individual back to a more balanced emotional expression of self.
- On the Spiritual Level, Reiki opens us up to the expression of our higher self, allowing us to discover all we can be, and the deeper meaning of life. As reiki opens the various chakras, it also opens us to a deeper awareness of self, and often works as a catalyst for spiritual growth. Most people find that there is a marked improvement in there intuitive abilities after several sessions. Those who undergo reiki attunements also find that it works to awaken the various psychic abilities and spiritual virtues that are associated with the awakening of the various chakras.
What is Holy Fire Reiki?
Holy Fire® Reiki is a new form of Reiki that was introduced in 2014 by the ICRT. It is both powerful and gentle and provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance. It is included as part of our Usui Reiki classes and has also been added to Karuna Reiki® training.
Holy Fire® energy is noticeably more refined and comes from a higher level of consciousness. Some of the qualities students have experienced include:
- Works continuously even when not thinking about it and spontaneously heals issues as they come up.
- Always respects free will.
- Heals deeply and quickly without distress.
- Heals relationships and interactions with others.
- Releases worry and replaces it with a sense of safety in a most pronounced way.
- Spontaneously provides guidance that is palatable for every level of life experience.
- Tends to develop all the personality traits that are healthy for a person to have such as love of self and others, kindness, patience, confidence, vitality, enthusiasm, optimism, trust, joy, peace and so forth.
- One of the more wonderful effects is a feeling of being loved. This is a deep and refined feeling that is very nurturing.
- Once received, it continues to develop itself to be more evolved and effective.
These qualities are present in I&II and become more pronounced in the ART/Master and Karuna classes.
What is Shamballa Multi-Dimensional Healing (MDH)?
Shamballa Multi-Dimensional Healing (renamed New Paradigm Multi-Dimensional Transformation) is also a form of “energy therapy”. It is a system that is transformational, assisting people to become free from fear, to step into their power and live more and more from their true essence. ) This is a system of high-frequency energies that activate and expand conscious awareness and accelerate personal growth. This system is considered to be an expansion of the Reiki energies as it combines them with Mahatma energy (also known as the “I AM” Presence) and the energy of the Ascended Masters.
This transformation has a healing effect on the individual and as a spin-off of that makes it possible for them to pass on energies that have a healing impact on others. This healing effect can be on a physical level, an emotional level and a psychological level.
What is the Body Code?
The Body Code, a comprehensive system of healing, that heals mind, body and spirit. It was created by Dr Bradley Nelson. The Body Code allows us to fill in the blanks by giving us a very simple way to ask the subconscious mind what other underlying imbalances there may be, whether they are from:
- structural imbalances
- circuitry imbalances
- emotional energies (the Emotion Code is a part of this section)
We always like to emphasize that the Body Code (and the Emotion Code) are never to be used to treat disease; instead, they are used to remove the underlying causes of disease, allowing the body to heal itself. This may seem like a fine distinction, but it is important to point out. We allow the medical community to treat diseases. We just remove imbalances.
We have seen all kinds of problems helped with the Body Code (and the Emotion Code). Remember that the underlying cause of all disease is imbalance; the most common underlying imbalance that drives all symptoms is trapped emotions.
What is the Emotion Code?
The Emotion Code is part of the Body Code and it helps to literally get rid of emotional baggage from the past. As in the other subtle energy techniques that I practice, The Emotion Code is totally safe and gentle, you don’t need to discuss anything that you want to keep private, and it can be done in person, by telephone, Skype or email. More people are often familiar with the Emotion Code due to Dr Bradley Nelson’s best selling book entitled The Emotion Code.
So, what exactly is The Emotion Code?
The Emotion Code is an energy healing technique that helps to identify and literally release trapped emotions. Trapped Emotions are harmful emotional energies created from negative past events. Trapped Emotions can cause depression and anxiety. They can block people from love and happiness and make them feel disconnected from others. And because trapped emotions are made of energy, just like the rest of the body, they exert an influence on the physical tissues, which can cause acute pain and even diseases. Releasing trapped emotions makes conditions right for the body to heal, so physical and emotional difficulties often disappear or become much more manageable.
Below is a video of Dr. Bradley Nelson from an Emotion Code workshop. I use a different form of muscle testing but otherwise my Emotion Code sessions are very similar. Although every session is differnt you will see how quickly issues can be found and even better – how quickly results can occur.
Most of my Body Code/Emotion Code clients are distance clients. I use muscle testing to tap into what is happening with the client.
In the Emotion Code – What is a Heartwall?
During times of emotional pain or distress, your heart can be really hurt or injured- this is where the words “heartache” and “heartbreak” come from. Sometimes we need to put up a form of protection, or a “wall” around the heart – but you can’t build a wall of nothing, right? What ends up being used as “building materials” are the most common excess energies in the body – Trapped Emotions. The mind literally forms a wall around the heart with these emotions to protect the heart from injury or from being broken. To the mind the wall is a reality. Initially, this barrier of protection may be a good thing as it can help a person get through a rough time, but if this wall is left in place and continues to be added on to then it becomes highly detrimental. The wall hinders love from flowing freely into or out of the heart. Also the Heart-Wall doesn’t dissolve on its own, even if you don’t need it anymore.
Having a Heart-Wall long-term is like living in a bomb shelter- it’s necessary short-term to protect you while the “bombs” are falling, but if you continue to “live” in there you’ll feel sad, disconnected, frustrated and you could even end up with heart disease or other heart problems down the road. The Heart-Wall can be removed, one emotion at a time- freeing you to live from your heart, create abundance and find true love. Now that’s what life is all about!”
Releasing the emotions trapped in a heart wall can have a dramatic impact on a person. Dr. Nelson estimates that 90% of people have a heart wall and many have an additional “hidden” heart wall. A person with a heart wall has on average 12-24 trapped emotions – although some people just have a few trapped emotions. Typically around 4-6 emotions can be released at a time & then the body needs a bit of time to process.
Heart walls cause:
- blockage of ability to give and receive love
- creates depression, isolation, numbness, anxiety, self-sabotage
- makes it harder to heal physically because messages of healing emanate from the heart
- lowered immunity because heart communication with body is lowered and also the Heart Wall affects the thymus gland
- blocks you from success and reaching your full potential because it blocks creative ability
- problems with neck pain, shoulder pain, and/or upper back pain
Removing the Heart Wall often results in people falling in love for the first time, or falling more deeply in love with the person they are with, and often results in a deep sense of peace and an enhanced ability to feel positive emotions such as joy and happiness. The following is a YouTube presentation of Dr. Bradley Nelson (Emotion Code creator) talking about heart walls and the damage they can do. http://youtu.be/tkGsmGnYxp8
With the potential of such major and positive changes with just the release of a Heart Wall – I encourage everyone to take a chance and work on removing it. Clearing someone’s Heart-Wall today can make a HUGE difference in the world!
PS- It is believed that 93% of people have a Heart-Wall- is it any wonder that the #1 killer in the US (and several other Western countries) is heart disease? I think not… Let’s end this epidemic!
What is Addictive Heart Energy Clearing?
If you feel ‘driven’ by addictions, you may have Addictive Heart Energy.
While you would commonly expect to see this for people having difficulty giving up smoking, drinking or eating, it also plays a part in many other ‘addictive’ behaviors like shopping, chocolate, computer use or inability to say ‘no’. Dr. Brad said that when he first cleared this energy on himself it eliminated his lifelong ‘work-a-holic’ behavior.
Addictive Heart Energy, which drives addictive behaviors. It can feed a whole host of addictions. The best way to explain this energy is to say that the deepest part of our heart remembers and longs to return to our life before our birth, when we lived with God in a state of perfect abundance, love and joy. Since we cannot experience that existence in this world, Addictive Heart Energy can be created as a result.
What is a typical office session like?
Within the session generally a mix of services are offered. A brief intake is done and discussed. Muscle testing is done to see what modalities or tools will be the most effective for the session. If the client does not know how to muscle test – they are taught (if interested). Sometimes after being taught muscle testing, the client can help during the session but that is up to the client how active they are during the session.
How long is a typical session?
Most typical sessions last about an hour – at a minimum it will last 45 minutes. If a session goes over an hour there is no additional charge unless you request a longer session.
What should I wear during a session?
Whether in person or from a distance It is recommended you wear clothing that is comfortable. If in the office often part of your session possibly will be energy work where you will lie down fully clothed on a massage table. I will ask you to remove your glasses and shoes. A warm fuzzy blanket is also offered.
Do I need to do anything to prepare in advance for my appointment?
Yes! We will generally talk before your appointment and I will ask if you want to learn muscle testing. For the muscle testing hydration is important so I will ask that you drink water before starting. Also before your session I ask that you think of three things you want to work on. The issues can be physical, emotional, mental, spiritual or relationship-based. I don’t need to know if advance – I just want you to put some thought into what you want to get out of the session.
What is a distance session?
A distance session is where the client and practitioner are not together during their session. The session is done via phone, skype, Facebook chat or video, other chat software, or email.
What is a distance session like?
A distance session is structured the same way as an in office session. Within the session generally a mix of services are offered. A brief intake is done and discussed. Muscle testing is done to see what modalities or tools will be the most effective for the session. If the client does not know how to muscle test and want to learn – they are taught.
What is a Healy microcurrent device?
Healy is a microcurrent medical device that has been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration only for local relief of acute, chronic, arthritis pain and muscle soreness due to overexertion. Healy also has non-medical applications that use Individualized Microcurrent Frequencies (IMF) to harmonize your Bioenergetic Field and can help balance your mind and body and relieve stress.